Saturday, April 11, 2009

Girls Girls Girls

Today is Darya's birthday! She is 11 - already. I can hardly believe it, we first saw her pictures when she was only 7, brought her home at 9 and now she is already 11 - time flies!

We had the party at home. She invited the girls from her class - not everyone from her class came, but her little group of best friends all came. Beth also joined us - she has known Darya since she first came home. Beth is the Goddaughter of my Bestie - Terry.

We had a jumping castle - the big one. You'll see in the pictures that it had a slide down one side. I figure we will outgrow the jumping castles all too soon so this may be my last chance to get one so we splurged on the big one.



The theme of the party was Hello Kitty - Darya's favorite. Terry even made a beautiful Hello Kitty cake and some dangerously sweet but absolutely adorable cake pops! Of course all her best friends know that she loves Hello Kitty so most of her gifts we HK too. Our gift to her - (which she hasn't opened yet - shhh don't tell her) is all new bedding, curtains and a canopy - which she has been dying to have - all HK themed of course. We'll give that to her later this morning and then we can work on setting it all up. I'll try to post pictures when we get it all done.



We had a Hula Hoop contest! Darya was not very good at it - much to her dismay, but a couple of the girls were real experts!



Of course being my crafty self I couldn't let the party go by without some type of project. I cut these cute paper purses out on my Circut and the girls decorated them up however they liked. We also made HK notepads, but I almost forgot about that project and didn't get any pictures.



I will tell you - after raising two boys - that GIRLS ARE WIERD! Crazy wierd! There is giggling and silliness beyond belief. I promise you, I was never crazy like that when I was 11! (Right Mom?)

Well, OK, Terry and I had some girly silliness of our own - but I'll leave that post for her blog..... Pink

I know she's exhausted after all those cake pops, but give her a day or two and I'm sure there will be some - less than dignified pictures coming! And if she only posts mine and not hers, come on back and I will show you the rest of the story!!

3 comments:

Pink said...

Funny Girl!!! I will need to get pics from you to do the post right. I had a great time with our "girly sillyness"...thanks for being such a GREAT friend!

Carey and Norman said...

Happy Birthday Darya! I loved, loved, loved the cake....way to go Terry! Her cake pops are great too. So creative.

I've been able to talk to Terry via e-mail and phone and she is such a sweet person. I'm so glad that you have her friendship. What a special relationship and bond you have!

Deb said...

I love having a girl. All these wonderful things to look forward to.

And I must say... you have a Cricut! I'm jealous. I'm currently trying to find a good deal on one.